Financial Accounting & Valuation
CRA’s financial accounting consulting and valuation experts are exceptionally-talented and creative problem-solvers. We have intimate knowledge of accounting and finance principles, regulatory pronouncements, and valuation theory; however, we view them as only a starting point. We believe that real business and economic substance is as critical as accounting form. We take a broad view and look at accounting and financial statements from the standpoint of the reader. We ask different questions that enable us to understand business purpose, economic substance, and transaction form before applying the relevant accounting or finance principles.
CRA’s approach integrates finance, accounting, economics, forensics, and business practices to enable you to effectively resolve disputes or make decisions. With access to CRA’s global resources in finance, economics, forensics, computer research, and document analysis, we can address the most complex and challenging accounting and valuation issues.
Our accounting and valuation experts have testified as expert witnesses before US and non-US courts and international administrative bodies; consulted exclusively on US GAAP and International Accounting Standards; and advised on M&A transactions and equity and debt financings aggregating to more than $50 billion. Our team includes:
- A former chairman of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Auditing Standards Board and Executive Director of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
- Former leaders at Big Four accounting firms
- Former PCAOB senior consultants on independence, peer review, and quality control
- Accredited valuation professionals
- Tenured professors at major universities
- Editors of major accounting and finance journals
- Authors of hundreds of scholarly works in accounting and finance
- Senior investment bankers
- An active member, contributing author, and frequent presenter to the Negotiated Acquisitions Committee of the American Bar Association