Strategy for partnering a pipeline asset
- Mid-sized pharma company with a key strategic asset in Phase II
- Seeking a partner for Phase III development and marketing/promotion in specified territories
- Sought help to define an optimal partnering strategy
- Worked with the board of directors to define a strategy to cover:
- Deal objectives
- Partner selection
- Deal construct
- Alliance construct
- Benchmarked against a range of recent deals in the sector
- Also defined a deal management process, specifying key process stages, milestones and accountabilities.
- Increased clarity of and alignment behind corporate objectives for the deal
- Process revealed a number of weaknesses in the existing clinical development plan which needed to be rectified in advance of any approach to potential partners
- Asset was eventually partnered with a US company.