R&D strategy consulting
R&D organizations are under pressure. Changing requirements from regulatory and reimbursement authorities continue to generate new challenges, and cost cutting is hitting hard. Fundamentally, the basic business of R&D remains complex, lengthy and beset with risks that are difficult to manage. CRA helps life sciences companies address these issues by working in partnership with senior teams to deliver sustainable, implementable outcomes based on decades of R&D experience.
Life sciences companies turn to CRA when they need strategic consulting that’s tailored to the unique needs and circumstances of the R&D functions. Our consultants have extensive experience improving performance and driving positive outcomes in the R&D functions of life sciences companies.
Plot the right course
CRA understands the R&D environment—the processes, the culture and the challenges. Our senior experts work in partnership with our clients to properly characterize the issues that are impeding R&D performance and to create solutions that are right for the individual organization.
Design implementable solutions
Our solutions are designed to be implementable from the moment that we begin work, taking into account the specific circumstances of the R&D environment and the individual client organization. Using our proprietary IMPETUS methodology, CRA helps clients drive the will for change among key stakeholder communities.
Future scoping and strategy formulation
- The future of health care
- Disease and therapy area strategies
- Science and technology strategy
- Emerging therapies
- Research strategy
- Globalization of R&D functions
- Organizational re-alignment to support the functional area strategy
- Restructuring the R to D interface
- Organizational flexibility and responsiveness
- Operationalizing new strategies
- Redesign of interfaces with functions outside R&D
- Enablement of open innovation
- Improving the R to D transition
- Process mapping and modelling
- Portfolio analysis and management
- Performance analysis and identification of productivity levers
- Pipeline visualization and modelling
- How should we change in order to be successful in the future?
Strategy for Global Research
- How can we reduce late stage R&D failures?
Creating an accelerated PoC operation
- What kind of deal should we do with an external partner to optimize the potential for success of our Phase II compound?
- How do we ensure that our R&D outputs are commercially viable?
Re-engineering the R&D to Marketing Interface
- How can we make our Research process more effective and efficient?
Defining and modelling the research process
- How do we organize internally in order to participate in an Open Innovation environment?
Ann Baker, Vice Presidentabaker@crai.com
Tel: + 44 207 664 3706