An international titanium dioxide producer was interested in determining how the trade flows, costs, and prices of TiO2 are likely to change in the future.
CRA performed the following tasks:
– Assembled a database of the current and projected TiO2 plants around the world by company, location, process route, design capacity, and on-stream date.
– Assessed world and regional supply and demand balances and trade flows.
– Assessed the production costs for key plant sites and competitors.
– Estimated how current plant operating costs are likely to change over the next few years due to environmental compliance costs.
– Evaluated the likelihood of plant closures due to costs factors.
– Furnished an opinion about how these changes would be likely to affect the new import and export position of the world TiO2 market.
As a continuation of the project, CRA did a detailed analysis of a potentially high-growth end use market application.