Britain’s First Capacity Market Auction Results
Review of drivers and key outcomes of the first Capacity Market auction under the British Electricity Market Reforms
Robin Cohen, Ana Barillas | Energy | Auctions
The Capacity Market will fundamentally change the GB power market.
The results of the first auction will drive the GB capacity mix and will inform future policy and rule changes. This presentation is focused on seven questions:
- What are the key design features of the GB Capacity Market?
- Who are the key players?
- What are the key drivers?
- What were the results of the first Capacity Market auction?
- What does this tell us about market expectations?
- What does this tell us about participant’s bidding behaviours?
- How can the results of the auction affect future power market trends?
- How might the Capacity Market evolve?