The impact of LNG exports on domestic natural gas prices has been analyzed and debated over the past several years even though these price impacts have yet to be felt in the US markets.
In this Insights, we address policy and market trends and their influence on natural gas balances and prices in the US, including:
- The evolution of LNG trade and its impact on contracting and new infrastructure;
- Potential impacts of diverging state and federal energy policy on US markets;
- US pricing impacts with LNG exports as the market on the margin (i.e. the last market to be dispatched to balance supply available);
- Potential future contracting structures; and
- The dynamics of seasonal or swing dispatch of US LNG.
To read the paper, click the link below.