CRA is a proud sponsor of the event where expert panelists will discuss some of the biggest and most challenging topics in cybersecurity and privacy risks.
Our expert panel will examine in detail:
- Ransomware attacks and other extortion events: How to respond and protect the business. When should a financial institution, corporation or organization pay?
- Breaches and hacks: incident response, prevention, and the latest tactics to address and defend company interests
- UK Data Protection and Digital Information Bill
- Consumer data protection and surveillance practices
- Canada’s Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA)
- U.S.-EU Trans-Atlantic Data Privacy Framework (TADP)
- New UK Data Protection Scheme
- Increases in plaintiff cybersecurity litigation and class actions
- Dealing with state actors–Russian threats, state adjacent groups, and what you need to know now to be fully prepared for hacks
- The recent explosion in cybersecurity breach litigation, recent cases, investigations, and class actions
CLE and CPE credits have been applied for.
Registration, breakfast and networking: 8:00 am EDT
Education programming and discussion: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm EDT
91 King Street East, Toronto, ON M5C 1G3
Parking is available for $20 per vehicle per day.
Masking is optional. Business dress or business casual.
From the government
Angela Anand, Senior Criminal Intelligence – Cybercrime Analyst, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Rachel Hayward, Director, Compliance and Special Investigations, Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, Edmonton, Alberta
Brent Homan, Deputy Commissioner, Compliance, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, Quebec
Sean Murray, Director of Research and Quality Assurance, Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner, Newfoundland and Labrador
Carolyn M. Welshhans, Associate Director, Division of Enforcement; Acting Chief, Crypto Assets and Cyber Unit, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.
Aniket Bhardwaj, Vice President, Forensic Services, Charles River Associates, Toronto
Eric Charleston, Partner, BLG, Toronto
Jeff Clark, Director, Cyber Security Incident Response, Forensics & Governance, CIBC, Toronto
Catherine M. Clarkin, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York
Peggy Daley, Vice President, Forensic Services, Charles River Associates, Chicago
Avi Gesser, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York
Manas Giri, Chief Information Security Officer, WestJet, Toronto
Daniel G.C. Glover, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP, Toronto
Sunny Handa, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, Montréal
Julie Himo, Partner, Torys LLP, Montréal
Matthew A. Kelly, Counsel, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, New York
Daniel I. Levy, Managing Counsel, Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Investigations, Legal Department, U.S. Regulatory & Investigations Hub, TD Bank, Washington, D.C.
Kristy Littman, Litigation Partner, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, Washington, D.C.
Len Loewith, Complex Claims Director, AIG Canada, Toronto
Kelly McGuinness, Team Lead Canada, Production Underwriting and BD (East), Coalition, Inc., Toronto
Corey Omer, Partner, Dispute Resolution, Technology, and Investigations & White Collar Defence Groups, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP, Montréal
Ruth Promislow, Partner, Bennett Jones LLP, Toronto
James Ross, Vice President, Information Technology & Solutions, Olameter, Montréal
Nicholas Studley, Vice President, Cyber Practice, Marsh Specialty US & Canada, Toronto