Client was preparing to launch a novel implantable infusion device into a market with existing external pump technologies in a rare disease.
- Mapped current patient flow from existing knowledge/past work, including any available pump manufacturer work
- Conducted “360 degree” multi-disciplinary healthcare provider focus groups to map out “to-be” patient flow
- Defined key stakeholders, their roles in availability/adoption of the implantable pump and interplay of stakeholders in decision-making
- Identified key leverage points in the patient journey and issues/barriers to adoption of new technology
- Developed potential solutions for overcoming issues/barriers to adoption
- Provided rough sizing of major branches in patient flow and identify key variables for revenue modelling