Our client wanted a market opportunity assessment to support their medical device development for an ultrasound device. They wanted to determine the attractiveness of its current platform technology, desired design features, clinical evidence requirements, and likely pricing in the US, Germany, France, China, and Japan to guide development decisions and gauge the five-year revenue potential for the technology.
CRA approach to the market opportunity assessment
- Completed 120+ in-depth physician interviews in the US, France, Germany, China, and Japan across nine clinical franchises.
- Completed 12 interviews with industry experts.
- Analyzed secondary resources to inform and support our findings in all franchises.
- Developed a forecast model for each franchise and in each geography.
Client impact on the medical device development process
- Clear understanding of the nature of the market opportunity assessment, the high growth market segments, and key unmet needs according to physicians.
- Assessment of the likelihood to adopt the technology as well as pricing potential in each market.
- Revenue model to estimate the addressable market and potential market share to support the medical device development.